FWA Is Included In All Of Our Compliance Suites!
Annual Medicare Part D Pharmacy Attestations
It is that time of year again, Medicare Part D Attestations. As always, the Medicare Part D Plans (PDP) will have you either attest directly with them, the NCPDP Website, or possibly through your PSAO. If you receive a request from a PDP, follow their instructions and abide by their deadlines (usually 12/31/2022).
If you have not yet completed the standardized 2022 Med D Attestation available on the NCPDP website, log in to your Pharmacy NCPDP profile at: https://accessonline.ncpdp.org.
If your Pharmacy needs NCPDP login information, please email NCPDP at email@example.com and include the pharmacy name and NCPDP number.
What are you attesting?
- Your Employees are trained on General Medicare Compliance and Fraud, Waste, and Abuse within 90 days of hire and annually thereafter (FWATrack)
- The Pharmacy has policies and procedures related to the Compliance Program Guidelines to identify, prevent, and report Fraud, Waste, and Abuse (FWATrack)
- The Pharmacy is reviewing the Office of Inspector General (OIG) List of Excluded Individuals and Entities (LEIE) and General Services Administration (GSA) Exclusion List to ensure none of their employees, contractors, or agents providing services directly or indirectly to Medicare Beneficiaries are on either list (FWATrack or EXCLUSIONTrack)
- Ensure any offshore vendors you are using comply with Medicare Part D Rules and the HIPAA Regulations (FWATrack)
- Records relating to Medicare Part D are being maintained for a period of at least ten (10) years (FWATrack)
- None of the Pharmacy Employees involved in the provision of care and services (or oversite of) have any Conflict of interest (FWATrack)
- All Pharmacy Employees involved in the provision of care and services (or oversite of) have reviewed the Pharmacy’s Code of Conduct/Ethics (FWATrack)
If you see other items on the attestation or just have a question, please do not hesitate to call us at 1-800-338-3688 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
ALL Pharmacies billing Medicare Part D must have a Compliance Program and Training to identify and prevent Fraud, Waste, and Abuse.
Every year pharmacies have been asked by the PBMs, NCPDP, your PSAO, and other entities to attest to your compliance with Medicare Part D Compliance during initial and annual credentialing. The FWATrack Program (Fraud, Waste, and Abuse Compliance Program) is designed to ensure your pharmacy has all of the policies, procedures, forms, and training you and your employees need to be following to comply with these credentialing attestations and any subsequent audits that occur.
The PRS Fraud, Waste and Abuse Pharmacy Compliance Program (FWATrack) is easy to use and entirely up to date!
FWATrack Includes The Following:
- Annual online training and tracking of progress for all employees, that includes:
- Fraud Waste and Abuse Training
- Compliance Program Training
- Code of Conduct and Ethics Training
- Online Conflict of Interest Attestation
- Online Code of Conduct Attestation
- Policies and procedures to comply with payor requirements, including the seven (7) elements of a Compliance Program detailed in CMS’ Prescription Drug Benefit Manual, Chapter 9, Compliance Program Guidelines
PLUS When there are changes to federal laws and third party payor requirements, you get seamless, automatic updating, and email notifications when:
- New tasks need to be completed
- There have been updates to policies and forms
- Employee re-training is due
Need additional information about this program or any other Pharmacy Compliance and Credentialing services or products? Contact our compliance specialists today.
And remember, our specialists can help you even if you are already working with another compliance program. We can help you compare pricing, decide what you need and even design a custom compliance suite specifically for you!
Call us at 800-338-3688 or click on the link above to have us give you a call or email back!