Included in the following Suites:
OSHA Hazard Communication Standard
As part of OSHA’s Hazard Communication Standard, all employers must have a written Hazard Communication Program that identifies and ensures the safety of the hazardous chemicals (and drugs) present in the Pharmacy. The Hazard Communication Program provides Pharmacy employees policies, procedures, and training on hazardous chemical locations, Safety Data Sheets (SDS), proper handling, and what to do if there is a spill or exposure.
A Hazardous chemical is any chemical classified (on their SDS) as a physical or health hazard, a simple asphyxiant, combustible dust, pyrophoric gas, or a hazard in other ways. Hazardous chemicals include common household cleaners (bleach and ammonia) and common drugs (tamoxifen and phenytoin).
Note: Some Entities require Pharmacies to go above and beyond a Hazard Communication Program and comply with USP <800>. For more information on PRS USP <800> Compliance Solution, please visit our USP800Track Program.
The PRS OSHATrack Program is an online Hazard Communication Compliance Program that will bring you up-to-date on the Hazard Communication Standard.
- Policies, Procedures and Forms
- Written Hazard Communication Program
- Online Hazardous Chemical Inventory System
- Enhanced online, trackable Employee Training with printable certificates
- Complete Emergency Action Plan
- How to address illness and injuries in the workplace
- Safe workplace setup to avoid OSHA’s fines
- Industry-leading customer service
- Email notification when:
- New tasks need to be completed
- There have been updates to policies and forms
- Employee re-training is due