Can a Pharmacist transfer ownership on their own?
Definitely! But is it worth the risk? Simple mistakes can cost tens of thousands of dollars and delay opening by months! For something you are likely to do only once in your lifetime, it’s best to let an expert handle everything to make the transfer as smooth as possible. We have facilitated HUNDREDS of transfers in the more than 36 years we have been in business. As a result of our unmatched experience, PRS is the exclusive NCPA endorsed broker.
Here Are Some Of The Details We Handle During A Pharmacy Transfer:
- We Ensure the Continuation of Existing State and Federal Licenses and Permits
- Prevent Interruption of Third-Party Insurance Agreements
- Guidance and paperwork to allow utilization of the current owner’s third party contracts
- Agreement for the forwarding of insurance reimbursements to the buyer while using the seller’s contracts
- Comprehensive Overview of the Seller’s Business Operation, Allowing the Buyer to Move Forward in Confidence
- Power of Attorney Agreements Regarding Controlled Substances
- Compliance and Regulatory Program Evaluation
- Purchase Agreement Consultation (non-legal)
- Assist with the prep of the asset or stock purchase agreement
- PRS will engage in discussions with attorneys regarding specific aspects of transferring a Pharmacy
- Sample wording for these Pharmacy-specific items can be provided to your attorney
What is Pharmacy Valuation? What the Pharmacy is actually worth is one of the most important things to consider when you are buying or selling a Pharmacy.
The following points are some things you need to know:
- The value of a business is tied to the expectation of future earnings and cash flow.
- A financial model rewards owners for the historical cash flows they have built and shows a potential buyer the proven gross revenue potential.
- Banks use a financial model focused on cash flow when considering a loan request from a buyer, therefore having the correct data is crucial.
- Many Independent Pharmacies have diversified revenue streams and earnings need to be valued, not simply on revenue and prescription counts but on other factors.
- For instance, a financial model focused on EBITDA and NOI with a multiplier most fairly values the business.
Our Pharmacy Valuation
will ensure both the BUYER and the SELLER are getting a fair, unbiased review of the Pharmacy’s performance.
How Can PRS Help With Pharmacy Licensing? PRS can help you with all areas of licensing.
Our experienced advisers will walk you through the steps, including, but not limited to:
- Assisting with Interpretation and Conforming to State Board of Pharmacy Rules and Regulations
- Securing state Pharmacy License
- Preparing for State Inspections when it is Required
- Directing procurement of Mandatory Pharmacy Equipment, Fixtures and Supplies
- Meeting Federal and D.E.A. Licensing Requirements and secure D.E.A. Registration Permit(s)
- NCPDP & NPI Application Processes